Treat yourself this weekend, and make some of this delicious granola. Even if you don’t have much faith in your cooking skills, trust me, this is easy and you will love it! The trick is to get all the ingredients together before you start to cook. You should be able to get them all in any big supermarket! Whilst you’re there, get a nice big glass jar to put the granola in!
The granola is a source of folic acid, iron & zinc, key nutrients needed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You’ll need the following equipment:
- 1 large bowl
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 large wooden or metal spoon
- 1 large clean baking tray
- 1 sheet baking parchment or greaseproof paper to fit the baking tray
- Weighing scales (if you don’t have these, you can just guess by using the amounts in the packet!)
- Heat the oven to 150o
- Mix the coconut oil, maple syrup and honey in a large bowl.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the dried cranberries, and mix well.
- Pour the granola onto the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then mix in the dried cranberries, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with cold milk or yogurt.
- The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.