For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended), the data controller is Nutricia Ireland Limited with registered number 106997 of Danone Early Life Nutrition, Block 1, Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin.
We will not be targeting you with information about Danone Early Life Nutrition products.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the time and date of your visit;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to a service we provide, requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion or requesting information from us. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- Facebook profile information if Facebook is used for logging in to the site
When you log in to the site with Facebook, First 1000 Days will import, use, and retain your basic information, which includes your name and profile picture as well as your e-mail address, list of friends, and may also include your Likes and Interests as well as information you make public on Facebook. As part of the registration process with Facebook, we will use information from Facebook to create your account.
The First 1000 Days site invites users to share content. In order to do so, you must be logged in to your chosen social network. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so when you select one of the share icons.
When you log in to one of these networks to share articles, you grant permission to your chosen network to share certain user details. This information could include the user ID associated with your account, any information you have made public in connection with your account and any information you have permitted the network to share (according to your privacy settings).
Where we store your personal data
Your Data may be stored and transferred within the European Economic Area (EEA) or transferred to, and stored in, countries outside the EEA. Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your Data. Your Data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff or suppliers may be engaged in activities that include the fulfilment of your order, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your data
We use your Data that we hold to:
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services (including third party products and services) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service.
- We may provide our advertisers with aggregate statistical information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Irish Companies Act 1963 (as amended).
Links to other sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Access to information and correction
You may request in writing copies of your Data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after the request in writing. There may be a charge to access your Data. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at Danone Baby Nutritition at Block 1, Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin or via our contact form.
We endeavour to keep your Data accurate, complete and up to date. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request and notify you within 40 days of your request that the relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at Danone Early Life Nutrition at Block 1, Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin or via our contact form.
We will hold on to your personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our site and related services to you or as required by law.
Some of the cookies set on our website are served by third parties and not directly related to first1000days.ie or our partners. For example, occasionally you will find a page that includes a video embedded from YouTube. Service providers such as YouTube set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control which cookies are set by third parties or how the cookie information is used – a cookie can only be accessed by the party who set it. For more information on these cookies, please visit the third-party website.
Changes to our privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to Data Protection Compliance Officer, Danone Early Life Nutrition at Block 1, Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin or via our contact form.