There are a few items when you begin weaning that may come in handy. It is a good idea to pick up some of these before getting started so that you have them to hand when it’s time for the next big adventure.
- Blender or hand blender
- High chair
- Small baby plastic bowls and spoons
- A beaker from 6 months onwards
- Lots of bibs, wipes and cloths
- Fork and sieve for mashing and filtering out lumps
- A steamer
- Ice cube trays or individual portion containers for batch cooking and freezing small portions
- A messy mat or splash mat can come in handy for under the high chair
- Some plastic or wipeable bibs can be useful to avoid constant washing
If you are starting weaning soon have a read of our top tips for getting started here.