300g Sirloin Steak
2 tbsp sesame oil
6 spring onions
100g baby corn, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded, chopped
75g sugar snap peas, cliced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
120g wholemeal rice (you can mix half white rice and half wholegrain if preferred)
Black pepperFor the sauce
4 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp cornflour
- Cover the steak with cling film on a chopping board and bash with a rolling pin until thin. Season with black pepper.
- Add the rice to a saucepan of boiling water and cook according to pack instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the beef until brown and just cooked. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add in the vegetables and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add in the ginger.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and then add this over the vegetables. Add the beef to the mixture and stir fry everything together over the heat for 1 minute. Serve with the boiled rice.
Source of Fibre, Iron. High in Vitamin C