2 tsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
700g parsnips, peeled and chopped
250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Braeburn apples, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 litre very low-salt vegetable stock (eg Kallo)
250ml semi-skimmed milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsnips, potatoes, apples and rosemary and stir to heat through.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 25 mins, until the vegetables are tender.
- Use a hand blender to purée the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the milk and heat through.
- Serve with bread soldiers
Source of Fibre & Vitamin C