If you are avoiding alcohol this festive season it doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself at a party or that you have to ring in the New Year with a glass of water!
Here are a few tasty mocktail recipe ideas:
- 75ml of apple juice
- 75ml of sparkling water
- 1 whole lime
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (just because it’s Christmas!)
- Muddle the quartered lime, sugar and mint leaves (if you prefer to, remove the lime skin first)
- Place ice cubes in a tall glass, add mixture and pour in apple juice
- Top with sparkling water and stir
- Garnish with a mint leaf and serve
The Pink Pick Me Up
- 75ml of Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 75ml of Cranberry Juice
- 25ml of Strawberry Puree
- Handful of Ice cubes
- ½ Strawberry for Garnishing
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Strain the liquid into a martini glass and garnish with a strawberry.
Sparkling Virgin Cosmo
- 60ml of cranberry juice
- 30ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 150 ml of club soda
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Sugar for frosting (optional)
- Pour ice into a shaker or tall glass.
- Add cranberry juice, lime juice and club soda.
- Shake to combine.
- Run a lime wedge over the outside rim of a chilled martini glass. Pour sugar onto a flat surface. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar until covered with a thin border.
- Pour carefully into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with lime.