4 small irish free range chicken breast fillets
4 tbsp plain flour
1 egg, beaten
1 grated lemon zest
25g finely grated parmesan
2 tbsp rapeseed/flaxeed oilFor the mash
200g floury potatoes, cubed
200g sweet potato, cubed
1 tbsp low fat fromage fraisVegetables to Serve
150g green beans
150g sugar snap peas
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
Sprinkle garlic powder
black pepper to season
- Cut the chicken fillets into 3cm strips and toss in a bowl with the flour until completely coated. Shake off the excess flour.
- In a separate bowl, add the beaten egg
- In another bowl, place the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parmesan, and toss together well.
- One by one, dip the flour-coated chicken pieces in the egg. Allow any excess egg to drip back into the bowl, then toss the pieces in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Set aside on a large plate and cover with clingfilm while you repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- For the mash, place the floury potato cubes in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 mins then add the sweet potato and cook for a further 8 mins. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Add the fromage frais and mash well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for about 3 mins each side until golden and cooked through.
- In another pan/wok, heat a tblsp of oil over high heat then add the garlic, green beans and sugar snap peas and fry for 2 mins. Season with black pepper. Serve immediately with the chicken and mash.
Source of Fibre, Calcium & Vitamin C