50g cashew nuts
2 crushed garlic cloves
1tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
1 mild red chilli seeded and thinly sliced
450g sirloin steak cut into thin strips
1 courgette trimmed and cut into sticks
1 medium carrot peeled and cut into sticks
1 yellow pepper seeded and sliced
1 red pepper seeded and sliced
100g baby corn halved1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsps rapeseed oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
freshly ground pepper
200g uncooked basmati rice
- Cook the basmati rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Toast the cashew nuts for 4-5 minutes. Tossing the pan occasionally to prevent them from burning. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok until it is very hot. Add the rapeseed oil and swirl up the sides. Add the garlic, ginger & chilli and cook for just 30 seconds.
- Add the sirloin and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until well-sealed and lightly coloured. Add the courgette, peppers, carrots and baby corn and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still crunchy.
- Add the reserved toasted cashew nuts to the wok with the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and coriander, then toss briefly to combine. Sprinkle over the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil.