4 mackerel fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 vine tomatoes, cut into halves
Dash red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp tomato puree
450g cooked mashed potato
2 bunches basil
75g grated parmesan
1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 garlic clove
100ml rapeseed oil
- First make the pesto sauce by putting the basil, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in a blender. Blend well and add seasoning. Add the rapeseed oil and blend again, keep in jar or a squeeze bottle in the fridge.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and tomato purée. Stir well and season to taste. Let this sauce cook slowly until the mixture dries out a little, about 5 minutes should do it.
- For the fish, score the flesh of the mackerel 3 times on each side and cook skin side down.
- Turn over and cook for a further 2 more minutes on the pan, or place in a hot oven 180°C / Gas 4.
Energy: 517 kcals
Source of: Fibre, Iron, Calcium, Folate, Vitamin C
High in: Iodine, Omega 3, Vitamin D