4 slices of wholemeal toast
1/4 cup semi-skimmed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 medium sized eating apple
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Whisk all the eggs, milk, vanilla essence, and spices in a bowl.
- Dip each slices of the bread in the mixture on both sides. Allow to soak the mixture up.
- Place on a greased pan or hot griddle and cook both sides until the egg is cooked and the toast is golden brown (2 -3 minutes each side)
- For the apple topping add all the ingredients plus a tbsp of water into a microwaveable dish and cover. Cook on high for 1 minute and stir. Cook for a further 3 minutes until the apples are softened.
- Serve the apple topping on top of your French toast.
Source of fibre